Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Friends

So, my kids really aren't old enough to have other kids come to our house and just hang out and play video games or whatever they do. But, I've seen a trend with other friends and their older teenage kids and their friends just walk right into their house, or go straight for their fridge and eat and be loud. I don't want to sound like a stick in the mud Mom, but I don't want any other kids in my house. Is that bad? S and A recently had 2 kids come over and they jumped on the trampoline and S was asking all year if people from his bus that lives in the same subdivision as we do, could come over to play and I just don't want them to.

We never had any of our friends come over when I was growing up. I went to my friend's houses a few times. Had sleepovers, went to fairs and things like that.

I don't know why I'm against kids coming over. I'm a very friendly, outgoing person. Maybe old age is getting to me.

I know that, eventually, both of my boys will have a few good friends and they will all tag along with wherever each one goes. I know my attitude will probably change as they get older and I really won't mind kids coming into my house, but I'm still hoping it's a long ways off!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment