Monday, July 1, 2013

Blah. Blah. Blah.

So. Yeah. Where to begin since I haven't written in forever.

J's health insurance is changing for the first time since he's worked there. I hope it's not changing for the worse, though. But, it doesn't look like it is, so that will be nice. I've already called all of our doctors to make sure they accept the new insurance and it's all ok. In changing insurance, I've made a huge decision. I am going to have bariatric surgery. I'm going to get the paperwork started and I'm going to make the life long commitment to changing my lifestyle for the better. I really really want to be here for my boys as long as I can and being healthy will help me do that. Too many health problems run in my family and I'm going to do whatever it takes to avoid those problems. The new insurance is less restrictive on the requirements to have weight loss surgery than the insurance we have now, so that will be a big help! It's not that my husband doesn't love me anymore or anything like that, but I just want to feel better. That's basically what it boils down to. This is not about anyone else, or what people think of me, it's about me and feeling better. It will be interesting and scary and I have to do things right, but I'm willing to accept those challenges!

Another huge thing that happened was the severe knock down that DOMA received and the news that same sex marriage is now legal in California. To me, it doesn't matter if you want to marry your significant other and it doesn't matter if they are of the same sex. I fail to see how someone else's marriage..straight or gay..is going to impact mine. I don't expect people to view marriage or religion the same way I do. Everyone has a right to do what they want.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. Is this what's in the Constitution or not? As far as adopting, or having a child through a surrogate or fostering. Why not? Gay people are not any more apt to be pedophiles than straight people. There are children out there who need a family, who need a home and loving people to get them through this world.

Kindness
Equality
Love
Compassion
Hope
Acceptance

Those are what's going to make this world right and we are far from right. What makes it right for you, may not make it right for someone else. If you turn to religion to make your life more enriched and feel better, then by all means, go for it! If praying to a 3 legged monster does it for you, then do it!

I've said this often- There are all sorts of people in this world, and we need every single one of them to make the world go round. Yes, there are bad people, but good always wins.

I can't understand how people can sit there and say "It's not for me to judge." and yet say that it's not right for people to marry whom they love. To live how it makes them happy. Everyone is on the bandwagon of being "Bully Free" in schools, but why are we not being "Bully Free" in our adult lives? Kids are dying, committing suicide or being beaten to death because they are different. How is this right? How is this NOT judging someone and then taking it into their own hands?

The same goes for people who are thin, fat, or has a physical or mental disability. We are a nation of people who want to talk the talk of the Bible they so dearly love, but can't walk the walk. The Bible and GOD are being used for convenience only. People fall back on that, and dish out their judgment, quote things from the Bible, but then they turn around and sin in 100 different ways before the day is done. How in the world, as parents, can we sit back and expect our children to treat their peers with kindness and equally, when we, as adults, can't even do that??

Ok, enough ranting for the day! Just live your life how you want to! You only have one! Well, unless you believe in re-incarnation, then the world is your oyster, so to speak! ;o)

Just enjoy what you have and try to live life kindly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment