Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A little about me

I'm one of those people that, no matter how long you've known me, you always find out new stuff about me.

For instance:

I love love love musicals. Any time a musical comes on TV..I'm drawn to it. Oklahoma is my favorite, but I'm also partial to Fiddler on the Roof and Cats and Carousel 1956 (June's bustin' out all over is my favorite song from that show). I will literally stop everything to watch an old musical all the way through! Some of those things can be very long too! No special effects, no 3D..just good songs and dancing and great choreography! I love older music, and I'm not talking from the 80's or 90's. I'm talking from the 50's on up. J always looks at me like I'm weird because I seem to know every song's lyrics that no one my age should know. I attribute this to growing up in two very different families. My Dad's side was a little more modern, and my Mom's side was a little more old fashioned.

I love the ballet..and I would love to see one live, and a Broadway show live. It's on my Bucket List..so the saying goes.

How I have gone through life without knowing about a very famous Russian Ballet Dancer, is beyond me. But I was watching a program about Natalia Makarova..and Oh My Goodness. She is so awesome and so beautiful and highly talented.

A clip of her performing Swan Lake:


And here is June is Busting Out All Over:


And my favorite from Oklahoma:

And my favorite from Fiddler On The Roof:

1 Comment:

  1. Carrie said...
    Yes.... I didn't know this about you!

    I'll have to have Kasen sing "Oklahoma" for you ;)

Post a Comment