Monday, November 26, 2012

Hugging

My Father got custody of my older brother and I, so of course our time was spent mostly with him. I knew my Dad and his side of the family loved us, even though my teenage angst sometimes got the better of me. But, my Dad's side of the family just aren't real big huggers. So, therefore, I don't do a lot of hugging. With my husband and my children, though, it's a different story. I will hug them until the world ends, but with other people, not so much. For some reason, it makes me uncomfortable. My sister in law is a huge hugger, and every chance she gets, she hugs me. For no reason, she'll just come up to me and hug me. If it's been a long time, and I go to see a friend, I'll hug them or if something happens and a hug might make them feel better, of course I will then, too.

I'm starting to wonder if people think I'm being stand-offish. I love meeting new people and have no problems talking to anyone. I'm a very friendly person, otherwise!

Hmmm..maybe that does make me weird.

1 Comment:

  1. Carrie said...
    I'm the same way! Hugging in general makes me uncomfortable, not counting my husband and kids.

    I wish I was a hugger. :)

Post a Comment