Monday, November 12, 2012

Complaints

Number one on my list of complaints is this new blogger format. I hate it. That's why I haven't updated any of my blogs here lately. Time to stop complaining about it and just get back to business.

I know I shouldn't complain. I'm really lucky. I have a husband who works his butt off, so that, for the last 9 years, I've been able to stay at home. He also does a lot at home. He knows how to build and fix things, he's great at working on cars and can fix almost anything he touches. He provides food, a roof over our heads, and clothes. All the basics. Also, he's a great cook and he does housework right along with me.

But, like any family now, we do struggle. Our kids have toys, and video games and they are never hungry and always have nice clothes to wear to school and go the the doctors and get medications when needed.. But, I feel that, while we get things we need, we hardly waste money on thing we want, or would love to have. It only took us 9 years to go a vacation and I rarely get up to visit Ohio..maybe once every three years or so.

There's a house, about 3 miles from here, that I would love to have. It needs work on the inside. New flooring and one of the door frames needs rebuilding and new bathrooms and a new kitchen, and I would love to get it for Josh and the boys. It comes with 9 acres and a barn and a little building. Not to mention, a glassed in front porch and a dog run that the pups would love. It's the perfect little fixer upper without it being so nasty and horrible inside that it's something J and I could handle. I know we could get it for less than the asking price as well. My kids could build their own houses on that land and I could see my grand kids (granted I lived that long and they have kids of their own) all the time. Ya know, if they wanted to, not saying they have to, but they know they'd be welcome to!

There are some days, I just want to give in and say..OK..that's it..I'm going back to work. Screw all this pain..it would mean more money right away. But, I know there is no way I could do that. I wouldn't last an hour standing or sitting.

I was denied my first go round on Disability. I appealed in August, and still have yet to hear back again. Next time I get denied, I will be getting a lawyer. It's not like I have anywhere to go, right?

I know this place will be ours some day, but I would really like to use is as a rental property, or maybe just sell it again and make a slight profit from it. I would like to have that "American Dream" of owning an actual house and not a manufactured home. I know a home is what you make it, but still. We've moved around so much, that one more time, into a permanent house, would be a step I wouldn't mind.

I shouldn't complain..I know there are those without ANYTHING to call their own. But, it's not so bad to want something better for your future..and your kids and their future.

2 Comments:

  1. Carrie said...
    There's definitely not anything wrong with wanting more! I looked at the listing you sent me - it could be adorable! What's the square footage on it? 9 acres is awesome - especially for two boys and your dogs! If you got disability would you be able to afford it right away? That would be amazing for you guys.
    Robyn said...
    I would love to just offer them a cash price, no banks involved and own it outright, but that'll only happen if it stays on the market for a long time because it could take me 3 or more years to win...

Post a Comment