Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bad American

So we didn't do anything on the 4th of July. No cookouts. No parades. No getting together with what little family we have down here. No candy collecting. No swimming. No Fireworks.

How un-patriotic, right?

J had to work that night, so he sleeps all day and it was too hot out and I didn't feel like dragging the boys out to do anything during the day all by myself. Plus, it wouldn't have felt right if J wasn't with us anyhow.

I guess we could have gone to the fireworks, but it would have been in different cars, and I didn't want to be the one who dealt with the aftermath traffic. Fug that! I'm the type of person who freaks out when I'm in traffic. I don't know how I traveled to Ohio all by myself, numerous times, from Georgia, without freaking out about all the traffic. I was young and stupid, I guess!

So, this August will be our first family vacation going somewhere besides Ohio. J gave me the choice between Ohio and Florida or Myrtle Beach. I chose Florida. Don't get me wrong, I love my family and friends, but we've never been somewhere as just a family that didn't involve running around visiting other members of my family and my friends. I think it will be a nice change and I think it's going to be more relaxing than I'm thinking it will be. I'm already freaking out because my kids have never stayed in a hotel and what if they don't sleep good and I'm just really over analyzing everything. Also, they will be missing Open House, the first and second day of school and I really didn't want them to start off missing school. But, people have told me that they are young, it's not a big deal because they don't do anything during those first few days anyhow. So I'm just trying to let things go and go with that flow. I think they will be so tired from swimming and sight seeing and running and playing that they will crash when it's time for bed!

We are going to Port St. Joe and I really really can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment