Sunday, July 8, 2012

Ok, let's not. But, I am in the midst of being "upset" with my husband. It's so annoying. Not to mention emotionally...almost to the point of being physically...draining. I'm trying to get over it, but I have a hard time letting go of grudges or letting go of anger, sometimes. It's a result of my childhood, I'm afraid. You learn to keep it all in, until you get so mad, you blow up, and then you think you are right, so you stay mad for days on end. What? No one does that? Well, I do. I just don't think rationally. I know I should, and even writing it like this, and seeing that I should in black and white..doesn't help me.

Ugh..Grrr!!

So, in order to get out of the house for a little bit, and to try and walk off some of my hurt feelings, I've decided to start taking our dog, Ace, for 15-20 minute walks around the neighborhood with me. They have to be in the evening because of our neighborhood being mainly on pavement, and I do not want to burn my puppy's paws on the hot pavement. I also feel a little safer with him with me. Let's face it, not many people are going to mess with you when you are walking a 100 pound Black Lab/Pit Bull mix. I wanted a big dog as a companion for me at night, and for safety, so what better reason to have him with me on my walks? Today is our 2nd day of walking and it does help me some. I may need some Mommy alone time, after all. The only other time I get any alone time is when the boys are in bed or in school. Since it's summer break, we all know how crazy that can get at times!

Speaking of school. We are supposed to go to Florida soon. They will be missing their first day, possibly their second day as well. I thought it was a big deal, but have come to the conclusion, that it will not be a big deal, after all.

Also, I thought for sure, that I would be screaming and ready for them to go back to school, but I haven't even mentioned it. I haven't even really thought about them going back to school. But, I know they will, and they will be excited when they do. I'm glad my kids likes school so far! We'll see what next year holds!

1 Comment:

  1. Carrie said...
    I understand completely. We just had a much-needed talk about some issues that were making us want to kill each other. Things are better now. :) Mommy time is definitely needed!

Post a Comment