Monday, January 16, 2012

Blog Fodder

Sometimes, I really have nothing to say. Yes, I lead a boring life. Makes blog fodder harder to come by at times.

I'm starting to get all of my medical records together to apply for disability. At least give it a shot anyhow. My date of being last insured with disability was Dec. 2009. But, if I can prove that my surgery is a direct result of my injury in 2001, I may have a shot. It may take me a few years, but that's ok, I have nothing but time. I know it's probably not looked at in a positive light that I, only 33 years old, am trying to get disability. Like I'm trying to not work because I'm lazy, or I'm "screwing" the system, but I'm not. I cannot even walk around a grocery store without the end result of me being in a ton of pain after the end of the grocery run. My hips and back scream at me and at times, I get upset or angry with J and the kids because I'm in such pain and I just want it to be over already. Something I loved doing, is now gone. I loved going shopping with J, it's something we have enjoyed doing for a long time, even if it's just to go look. Now, it's stress and pain filled when I think about having to get up and down and in and out of the car. I'm clutching my back and trying to stay nice to other shoppers when all I want to do is yell, "Get the FRIG out of my way for the last time!!!". That's totally not me, and it sucks.

My left leg is not any better, even after taking medication to help calm the nerves down, it still feels like it's constantly asleep. It's still numb and tingly in places, mainly in my foot and toes and back of my calf muscle, and that makes it a little hard to walk at times. I'm not as quick as I used to be.

I don't want to go on disability, and it's taken me over two years now to settle on finally going for it. I had actually applied for a few jobs, but haven't heard back from any of them. I've come to realize that maybe it's a blessing that I didn't hear from any of them, that maybe my path is to try for disability.

I have a local attorney that someone recommended to J, so I'm going to be calling her when I get the majority of my paperwork together. The main paperwork I need is from the doctor in 2001, the doctor I saw immediately after my injury and saw for almost 2 years. I'm also getting paperwork from doctors in Ohio that treated me, and did MRI's and of course, the doctors down here.

It should be interesting, and we are probably in for a long ride, but that's ok. I'm up for a good challenge and I've heard that this lawyer is really good too. So, until then, we wait, and hope for the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment