Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas

I seriously think Christmas has thrown up in my house. I guess over the years we have accumulated lots of stuff and it only stands to reason that some of that stuff is Christmassy stuff. It is everywhere I look now. The strangest part is, is that I don't remember putting that much stuff out! I guess it just happened.

The boys made a lot of hand-made ornaments at school, which are very very cute. I love those sort of things! I know the "cool" thing to do anymore is have a themed tree, but we just don't. Ours is a hodgepodge of things. J and I get an ornament every year we are together, and he also has a lot of ornaments from when he was a kid, and some ornaments that his Dad and Mom had as well. My hope is that the ornaments we have now will also be passed down to our boys. I realize that not all of them will make it, but I hope the majority does.

Shopping is almost done, just some stocking stuffers, and candy. A few gifts for other family members and I have to shop for J. He is the hardest person to shop for! My mother will be getting the boys a couple things and then I can start wrapping. J has already done A's gift wrapping. I have to do S's and then J's and then I can say that we are done!

The boys are officially out of school until January 3rd. This should be fun! I'm hoping the new toys will distract them from getting on each other's nerves! I wanted snow again this year, but that is just not going to happen. Looks like all that is in the forecast for us is rain rain rain. Ick. It's a little hard to get into the holiday spirit with rain and mud all the time. Last year, we had a ton of snow and cold and it was wonderful! Now it will be rainy and in the upper 50's. I guess coming from Ohio and seeing snow all the time, and hating it, and then me moving south now has me missing it and wishing it would come and snow us in. J needs a few days off of work and we need some snuggle time on the couch watching a good movie!

I had a fall back in November at a restaurant. The bolts were missing from the bottom of the booth seat, and when I went to get out, it slid out with me and hit me in the back of the knees. I've now submitted all of my paperwork to their insurance office and am waiting for them to pay the Doctor and E.R. bill. Then I'll be happy!

I think it's time to end my rambling and either go to bed or go watch some Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment