Monday, March 14, 2011

Tattoo 4 U!

I've been waiting almost 14 years for another tattoo. I got my first tattoo right when I turned 18, back in 1997. I have never regretted it and even though it desperately needs recolored, I still like it.

A couple of weeks ago, J blessed me with my 2nd tattoo. He actually found it online, and we modified it a little and had the tattoo artist resize it a little smaller for me. The tattoo guy asked me if I was nervous and I told him no, I've had so many surgeries and been through so much pain in the past 3 years, that this was a drop in the bucket. He laughed and got started and 45 minutes later, told me to hop up and take a look. He actually had to tell me twice because I was zone out. I told him it felt like a massage to me and I almost fell asleep, and he laughed and told me that was the first time he's ever heard that from one of his customers. I'm not done with it yet, I have to get S & A's name around the top, and J and I's anniversary date along the bottom right side, trailing up. Some people question why I want to get our anniversary date on me. What happens if J and I divorce? Why would I want to keep that date on me forever? Here is my simple answer: Because that is the date that started it all, the date that started us as a potential family, and eventually lead us to have S & A. Besides, it's not like I'm having J's name put on me or anything ;o)

And of course, a picture for your viewing pleasure.
I'm not done with my tattoo fascination just yet. I want at least one more. The biggest one I'm going to encounter yet. It might be a few years off though, while I work up the courage to have it done. It will look something like this....
and it will have a home on my right foot, claws pointing towards my toes. I've always wanted this tattoo for some reason, my birth sign is a Scorpion, so that fits, but I don' tknow why I want it on my foot. I've heard it hurts a lot, I've heard it hurts no worse than any other tattoo. I guess in a few years, we'll see.

1 Comment:

  1. Carrie said...
    That's really cool - I love it!

    (The heart, not the scorpian, though it's cool, too :)

Post a Comment