Monday, May 3, 2010

10 years

It was 10 years ago that I hurt my back while working for a grocery store. I won't say which store, but it begins with a K and ends in roger. Workers' comp. was filed, I did get a lawyer, but in the end, the lawyer sucked, workers' comp. called and told me my time was up and I lived with the buldging discs.

Off and on, throughout those 10 years, I saw a doctor if it flared up and I really couldn't handle the pain, and when I didn't see a doctor, I lived on Tylenol to get me through the rough days and nights. I continued to work, no matter what, up until 2004 and that's when I officially became a Stay-At-Home Mom. Even though we didn't have a baby in the house until 2005. I digress.

I tried everything workers' comp. wanted me to. Steriod injections in my back, Physical Therapy, medications (one medication I took was so bad, I don't even remember driving to work). All to no avail.

So when my back decided to completely give out on me in February/March of this year, I knew it was bad and had no other choice. Off to the doc I went for an MRI. The MRI confirmed what I already knew and then off to a surgeon to get his opinion. Since I had done the conventional way, and had no luck, surgery was my only option.

I'd like to say now, 3 weeks from my surgery, that I am SO SO HAPPY that I did the surgery. I was scared and almost backed out a couple of times. Then I figured, well crap..I'll be asleep most of the time so it's not like I was going to feel it or anything. So that was what led me to putting on my big girl panties and dealing with it.

It's nice to not be in pain every day. It's nice to actually be able to use my left leg and foot again, without all the numbness and pain. It's just nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment