Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A new chapter

So a new chapter in our lives is about to begin. S and I went to his Pre-K Orientation tonight. Can I just say how completely weird it was for me to be there, as a parent??! That I was now this responsible adult with a kid in school?!! It seemed very very surreal.

Anyhow...

It went fine. S got to meet his teachers, and where his little locker was, then they took the kids out of that room, and let them play in a different room while all the parents and teachers talked. Samuel did Ok, I guess, one teacher was with them in this other room and she didn't say he was horrible or anything. And my baby..he just..went with these other kids and teacher and didn't even say Bye to me or anything!! He just walked with them like he's always been there and it wasn't a big deal. I don't even think he realized I wasn't there!! The little booger! Just another part of growing up, I guess. I really hope that Thursday will go off without a hitch and he'll be fine. I hope he adjusts to school and really blossoms and learns. I hope he's a good kid for the teachers and that he's good to the other students as well.

There's a whole new level of parenting I never dreamed about..and that's the School Aged Child. I'm ready for this bumpy ride.

I hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment