Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wit's End

S's attitude is in serious need of adjustment. I really have no idea what to do next. We have tried everything we can think of and none of it has worked. He's mouthy (wonder where he gets that from..Hmm...) and talks back, he's mean to A, he won't listen, and sometimes he just downright ignores us. Today, J spanked him. S only gets spanked maybe 1 or 2 times a week and it's only for multiple offenses. And S laughed at J and told him that was funny. He's told me a few times that I'm stupid. I have no idea where he gets this stuff from! They are not spoiled kids. They don't get what they want if they see something in the store, we're not the type of parents to give in to their kids just to get them to be quiet. I don't know what's going on with S. I have a feeling he may be a little bored, and with school coming this August (hoping the van last that long anyhow), I have hopes that maybe some of this acting out stuff will be resolved.

On the other hand, I don't want to send him to school acting like this!!! Also, he changes his underwear all the time (like if he might dribble a little on it), he won't put them on right and he screams for help whenever he gets stuck, or needs someone to assist him. I'm not talking "Please help me", I'm talking full out HEEEELLLLPPPPP...screeching like a little girl. He still walks out of the bathroom with his pants down around his ankles. I know I say 15 times a day to pull them up before leaving the bathroom.

One one hand, I want to send him because it will hopefully mature him a little and it will be just all around good for him. But on the other hand, his acting out embarrasses me. I don't want his teachers to have to deal with him and I don't want to have "that kid" in school.

Also, I feel that if I don't get a little break here soon, that I will break. Having one at school will help.

J and I never spend time together, we have no one to watch the kids if we want to have a little date night and we listen to screaming, fighting and crying all day. We get grumpy with each other at times because of this.

I'm at my wit's end and I have no idea if there's a way back up that long rope. I have consulted everyone I know, doctors, other parents, online message boards...You name it, I've done it. No idea where to go from here. Just hoping that I can make it until August, give S some time to adjust and see how he develops from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment