Monday, June 29, 2009

Stay At Home Mommy

So it's obvious that I'm a stay at home mommy. I enjoy that title. I think it's awesome that I've had the opportunity to stay with my kids until they start school. Which I totally plan on doing. Everyone thinks that being a stay at home mom is easy. That we really don't do anything. This I do know: My day goes by a whole lot faster as a stay at home mom as compared to when I was single and working. I always feel like I am busy, but never can find the time to get everything done. To make matters worse, I can't do a lot of noisy things because J sleeps during the day.

This is what my day consists of:
Cleaning up messes
Changing diapers
On the phone with various companies and people who call
Breaking up fights
Getting one meal done and preparing for the next
Cooking said meals
Entertaining the kids (the UV index here has been really high, so we only go out after dinner)
Laundry
Folding clothes
Mopping
Clothes put away or hung up
Cleaning rooms

I'm not saying moms who work have it any easier, how in the world can it be easier when you have to work outside the home and deal with the messes of work and then come home only to deal with more messes and more responsibility?!! Those ladies are brave and have more energy than I do! I'm just tired of stay at home mom's getting the bad rap. It's not easy being at home all the time, and not all the time is it fun.

So, that being said, I cannot wait to rejoin the workforce! I still plan on going to school in a couple of years and a few years after that, I hope to be settled in a nice job (providing the economy straightens out a little by then!). My husband plans on staying home while I work and I see nothing wrong with that. He's been working for a very long time, providing for us, and making sure we have everything we need. Now, if he needs to get a job, than he will, but for now, we plan on him becoming a stay at home Daddy. There is really no one else I would trust my kids to, so to know they will be safe and taken care of by their Dad, only makes me that much more happier!

I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment