Saturday, January 10, 2009

Doctor Update

Well, I went to the doc today. He was very nice, and I felt at ease with him. Well, as about at ease as one can be with someone messing with their neither regions. I got the full workup, top and bottom. Wow, I make myself sound like a car. Anyhow. He put me on Provera to get dear ole aunty flow to rear her ugly head. For 10 days I take these, and then 5-7 days after I finish them, aunty flow should be here. I have an ultrasound scheduled for the 21st, because he wants to check the thickness of my uterine lining. Can I just say how weird it is to see an OBGYN without being pregnant?! It's not something I've ever done before. He isn't going to put me on Birth Control Pills because there is no need (it's common to use birth control pills to jump start periods), because my tubes are tied. I have no idea why. But I'm rolling with it.

So I've been looking at Dr. Google. Which I KNOW I shouldn't do. But everything I have read points to cancer or a hysterectomy. What a bitch. I'm not betting any money on anything and I'm not worried as of yet, but I'm hoping everything is Okey dokey!

Off to take my meds..whoo hoo!

1 Comment:

  1. Carrie said...
    So he didn't really say anything about what he thinks may be going on?

    I am well-acquainted with Provera and actually have some left in my medicine cabinet.

Post a Comment