Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Good Ones

It's been a whole year since my granfather died. I'm still haunted by the fact that I never got to say goodbye. Haunted that I never got to go to his funeral, only his gravesite. I never got to tell him how wonderful of man he was. I never got to feel the stubble of his beard on my cheek one last time. He always rubbed his 5 o'clock shadow on my cheek when I was little. I feel like he is so far away, but then again, so very close. So close I could almost touch him. These pictures are of my Grandpa and first son S. in 2005.
Looking at tractor equipment and fields of produce or seeing a farmer out on his land just throws me into fits of tears. I miss him. So so very much.

I never got to tell him I love him. That will always haunt me. For the rest of my life.
I love you, Grandpa. With all my heart.

God saw they were their happiest and someone would not let that be.
So He put his arms around him and whispered
"Come with Me"
With tear filled eyes we watched him,suffer and fade away.
Although we loved him deeply,
We could not make him stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
hard working hands put to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us,
He only takes the best.
~Author Unknown~

1 Comment:

  1. That Chick Over There said...
    Oh that's sad. :(

Post a Comment