Friday, December 13, 2013

Brave the world?

So, I have no clue as to what has happened in my life to make me so anxious in crowds. If a restaurant looks too full, nope, not going in. My anxiety starts taking over even before we are halfway done with shopping. If the boys are with us, it's even worse. I start thinking my kids are acting worse than what they are, I start having tunnel vision and plowing through the crowd with no manners, and I start getting mad and irritated at my husband and kids.

Went shopping with my sister in law on Thursday, and even though we didn't encounter any crowds, by the time I got home, I was nervous wreck. In the stores, I was running into things, dropping things and laughing nervously. The bad luck continued at home, where I proceeded to still drop everything my hands touched, including a whole 3 cups of water all over the counter tops and floors. Dinner was a whole hour late because I could barely function. Then I went with J today and we went to the worst place ever. Wally-world. During the holiday season. On a Friday. I was shooing people ahead of me in the checkout line and J was like..what are you doing?? I thought the cashier was saying something totally different than what she was. Then we went to the dollar store, and it's not very often you see the woman sitting in the car, while the husband goes in to shop. But, that's the story of my life.

We do a LOT of our Christmas shopping online. The majority of the boys' stuff, at least. I still have to brave the crowds to do shopping for J and I am NOT looking forward to it. But, I will do it and it will all pass and be just fine.

I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment