Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Car Fixin' and IEP's

So, instead of waiting for a mechanic to have a spot open to put my car in the shop, J decided he was going to do it himself. We'll save a lot of money in the long run, as we won't have to pay for labor. We know for sure it was the head gaskets leaking and not the actual head themselves, so that is GREAT news. J can fix anything, so I know he'll have this fixed by this weekend, hopefully! He's going to be doing a lot of stuff to it while the engine is apart and he can get to a few certain things that would be very hard to get to otherwise. I love that my husband is a mechanic! His friend at work said he could talk to his Dad to see about getting parts at cost, so there's more money saved. One of these days, I'll have a nice, new car and I won't have to buy a used, old one every year. For the past 3 years, we have bought a car during tax season refunds. First, it was the mini-van, then it was the Mazda and now it's this Chevy. It's so annoying. I also need a better car just in case I'd have to travel to Ohio for some emergency. I've already not been able to make it to 2 family members funerals because of not having a safe car to get me there and it would eliminate us having to rent one whenever we wanted to go to Ohio for a summer break. So there's that, hoping he has the car fixed and I can finally feel not so trapped all the time at home. Not that I really have any one I know here or any where to go and visit, but still. I'd like to know I CAN if I NEED to. Yeah, something like that.

A has an IEP meeting tomorrow, since the boys will be getting off the school bus about the same time as the meeting, I will not be attending, but J will go. I've already been to one, so he can have the joy this time. Most people I talk to have a really, REALLY bad experience with IEP meetings, and maybe I'm just new to it, but I love them. I love the IEP team, I love A's teachers and I love how they explain every little thing to you. They are always positive and have good thing to say. I don't expect everything they say to be great, but they let us know that the not so good things can be worked on. So far, A has met and exceeded everything on the IEP they and J and I, have wanted him to. The only thing he is lacking in is talking, and he's even doing that a whole lot better! So I'll have to walk down to the bus stop to get S, because my car engine is in pieces, so that should be fun. I'm not going all the way down to meet him, because there is no way I could make it back up the steep hill, so I'll meet him halfway, and we will all walk home together.

That little bit of walking should make for a pleasant night of pain and muscle cramps. Yay (sarcasm there)!!

Also, I go back to my doctor at the end of the month, and I'm going to officially ask him for a cane. My left leg is always in pain, I can't step over things unless I'm really really careful and even walking is starting to suck. We'll see what he has to say on that one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment