Thursday, March 15, 2012

What's up?

So what's been going on? Not much really..

J has been off work for the last few weeks, nursing his foot back to health. He has/had two stress fractures and a bruised bone in his foot. It's been...interesting. I'm totally surprised we haven't ripped each other to shreds or that one of us hasn't filed for divorce. Goes to show we really do love each other.

We bought another car. It needs a couple things done to be drivable again, some new head gaskets and a new alternator and belt, then we'll be good to go!

For the last year and a half, I haven't been feeling all that great. I think the surgery did help, but as the days wore on, the old pain and problems are still there. I can't even get all the way through the grocery store without being in a lot of pain. It totally sucks. So, I've applied for Disability. I think I have a good chance, seeing as this injury goes way way back and I can prove it. I filled out some stuff online a couple days ago, and they sent some more stuff for me to fill out, got it in the mail on Wednesday, and completed it on the spot. It's ready to be mailed. I'm so happy I got all of the doctors' records in Ohio and down here. It made it a lot easier to fill out. It will be going in the mail tomorrow and we just have to wait for a reply. I will probably get turned down, but then, I can get a lawyer and they can work for me.

I hate the fact that I will be on Disability. I feel like I have failed at something. That I'm just giving up and quitting. I really expected to be back at work around this time, but that just hasn't happened and it more than likely won't. At least the boys will also get a check, and they can save that money in a Saving Account. I feel like I shouldn't be applying because I'm so young and I don't want people to think I'm lazy, but some things just can't be helped.

I'm ready for the fight that the Social Security office wants to bring on. I have nothing but time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment