Friday, April 1, 2011

The Fear

I have a confession. I am scared to death of storms. Bad weather, tornadoes, bad thunderstorms..whatever you want to call it, I'm afraid of it. I don't know when this began, although I'm guessing when we lived in Alabama. Alabama was extremely horrible with their bad thunderstorms and tornadoes. I was thrown into a panic attack multiple times a week because of them. I was diagnosed with panic attacks in 2005 during my pregnancy with S and I don't really take anything for it, but maybe I should during the Spring and Summer time.

Anyhow, when I know bad weather is coming, everyone around me hears about it. I'm either on Facebook or on the phone with a friend or family member telling them about the upcoming storm. I'm constantly checking The Weather Channel and I annoy J to the point he gets mad at me. I get made fun of for it all the time. The word people like to use for me when I'm in the throws of a panic attack is "Spaz".

Hopefully, I'll be able to overcome this fear, but it's been such a long time, that I really doubt it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment