Thursday, February 17, 2011

Meet Ace


I'd like you to meet Ace. He is our adorable Pit Bull/Rottweiler mix puppy. Currently, he is almost 3 months old, and we got him when he was 7 weeks old. So far, besides a few nips to the kids and us, he is the best dog. The decision to own a Pit Bull did not come lightly. I did research, I looked into the breed history, their health and temperament. I found out a few shocking details and I can assure you that it's nothing as to what the media wants to portray of their breed. Pits are truly very misunderstood. Did you know that Pits are a FAMILY dog and wants to please their owners? That they are loving and protective and need to be around their family? They thrive on attention and love and give love back 3 times over.

I come from the mind set that all dogs are a product of their environment and how they are raised and trained. That definitely holds true to this breed.

Ace is stubborn about potty training, he'll pee on the floor 5 seconds after coming back in for a walk and play time outside. But, I think, he is finally getting it. We were gone for a few hours today for a doctor's appointment, and he did not go in the house. I was proud of him. He has also learned sit very quickly. He must sit and wait until I put his food on the floor to eat, he sits for treats and just in general when I want him to sit. He loves ice cubes and squeaky toys. The high pitched and squeakier the better. He is an awesome dog and he is a great addition to our family. Our boys love him, our older dog is tolerating him and he snuggles with our cat.

So I do support any group

that sheds the REAL truth on Pit Bulls, and I love the saying "Ban the deed, NOT the breed".

So here are some pics of him when he was little, around 7 weeks and some recent ones. Enjoy the cuteness that is Ace!

1 Comment:

  1. Carrie said...
    Oh man, he is too cute!

    I agree about pits. I used to think they were horrible dogs based only on what was protrayed in the media. Then I worked at a vet and a fellow employee had a pit rescue. She'd bring her dogs in who she had saved, healed and rehabilitated and they were just the sweetest things ever!

Post a Comment