Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Today, A turns 3! It's so funny to sit back and remember the past 3 years. So here we go.

Dear A,
When I found out I was pregnant with you, I was a little upset. Mommy was just not ready for another baby so soon. But as soon as I saw your little heart fluttering on the ultrasound, I fell in love with you and was instantly glad you were going to be joining our family.
Soon, you let it be known that you were here to stay. You didn't let me eat a full meal for 18 weeks. You kicked me constantly, letting me know just who was in charge! I didn't get very far along with your older brother, so when I got past 25 weeks, everything was new to me. But, I gladly welcomed all the aches and pains. The sleepless nights and the weird cravings (Fruit Loops and jalapeno peppers??!). Then you decided to kick it up a notch and start making it be known that you didn't like your current living conditions, and threw me into the world of Pre-eclampsia. The doctor put me in the hospital where my blood pressure and everything else, continued to rise and it was decided that you were going to get here a tad bit early. I had made it to 36 weeks and 3 days with you. When you were born, you cried right away. Then Daddy cried, then I cried. It was music to our ears! You were perfectly healthy and beautiful! Mommy's blood pressure still didn't want to cooperate, but after a few days, it was down to a manageable level and we went home. It was wonderful! I got a spinal headache from the spinal block I had for your c-section, but after a few days of that, it went away as well.

You were such a beautiful baby! A head full of dark hair, and big brown eyes. Everyone who saw you fell in love and wanted to hold you!


You were quite the crier though. You pretty much cried for 15 weeks straight. Mommy was going crazy, but managed to pull through and you became a much happier baby.


You grew up quickly! Soon, you were crawling and laughing with your brother and getting into trouble left and right.
You were so much fun! You always kept your Daddy and I laughing! We loved to hear you laugh and we loved your belly laugh when you got tickled. It was so sweet!
I can't believe you are 3. You really grew before our eyes. You love cars and trucks, getting dirty and muddy and fighting with your brother. You love to swim and take baths. You are hard headed, easily upset and your temper tantrums can't be matched. You aren't talking a whole lot, and so far, potty training is a major bust. But I'm sure you have some surprises up your sleeves for Daddy and I.

On the other hand, you are sweet and cute. You love to give hugs and kisses and you love to cuddle. When you fall asleep on Mommy, it takes me back to the days when you were a baby.



You are a very challenging child, full of energy and spunk and could wear out a puppy! But you are our last child and we will cherish that. Because pretty soon, after a couple more blinks of the eye, you will be all grown up and off doing your own thing.

We love you Sweet Boy and can't wait to see what's in store for us this year!


1 Comment:

  1. Jen said...
    What a sweet boy. I hope he had a good birthday.

Post a Comment