Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fresh Start

Well, I went and did it. I joined Curves on Friday. I signed a year long contract and J forked over his debit card for the initial fees and it will automatically be taken out of his account each month. Now I'm definitely going to have to do this because it's not everyday that my husband likes to let go of his hard earned money!

She took my weight (OMG) and did some body measurements (OMG again) and let's just say that I can't wait to start working out on March 1st! I'm starting off at 3 days a week and once I get used to it and my body adjusts, I plan on going 5 days a week. The best thing about this? I get 30 minutes of free Mommy only time!!!!!! Yes, the workouts are only 30 minutes, but they are intense workouts. The lady there had me try a couple of the machines while I waited for J to show up. Oh my. My sciatic nerve was still hurting a lot, but I wanted to see what it felt like and it was HARD!! My inside thigh muscles screamed, and I had things hurting that I didn't even know I had!! And it was only for 10 seconds!!! I'm so in for it.

I was preparing myself for weight loss surgery, but decided to try this route instead. I really don't want to go through another surgery. So now it has become my last resort thing. I'm happy with this decision.

The doctor put me on some meds to help with my sciatic nerve that's been killing me now. But, after working with J tonight on laying our new laminate flooring, it feels better! I know that exercise is best to work that nerve pain out, and it seems to have done the trick.

We've been doing a lot of renovating to this place. Our old door leaked a ton of cold air in. When the wind blew, the cover we had over the door actually blew up with the wind. So we replaced that door, and then we got another door to replace the back one. We also pulled up the carpet and installed the laminate flooring. It looks so much better and so clean! Next up is putting it down in the kitchen. I'm going to re-painting the living room in nice warm colors and the kitchen and the laundry room might get a sprucing up as well.

S was sick all last week. He just went back to school on Friday. No idea what was wrong, he was just running a fever and it wouldn't go away. The doctor put him on Zithromax and by the next day, his fever had broken and I no longer had to give him Motrin/Tylenol and he was back to his old self. Friday rolled around and he was so excited to go back to school. When we got there, he actually ran up and hugged his teacher! It was so cute, everyone ran up to him and told him that they missed him and were glad he was better. I'm happy S has friends and seems to be doing better socially. Especially with his own peers, it just makes me happy and all that more confident that he will do well in school.

Aaron will be 3 years old on Tuesday! Wow..time really really flies by. We aren't going to be doing a big party. Just same cake and ice cream with family. I don't have the energy to cook and plan and do all this and that. So J and I are taking the boys for pizza, letting them play at the arcade and then home for cake. I'm tired just thinking of doing that! But, my last baby is growing too fast and even though that makes me a little sad, it also makes me happy to see him thriving and watching him grow and have his own little personality!

I am off for bed, it's really late and my meds are kicking in, thank goodness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment