Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bullet Post

So much has been going on that for this time, I think I'm going to have to bullet this post!

  • I got sick not to long ago. I think I had the flu. Chills, body and joints hurt, off and on fever, coughing, sniffling, dizzy at times and very fatigued. It was horrid. I haven't had the flu since I was 18. I'm still coughing like crazy, my right ear is still full of fluid and I'm still a little tired sometimes. I'm also having some horrible coughing attacks (at least twice a day) where I end up vomiting lots of mucous up. Not fun. The doc has given me some antibiotics and some cough syrup with hydrocodone in it. Who knew!! Cough syrup with vicodin! I only take it twice a day though and it's only a teaspoon, so no having that "high" feeling when taking it. Thank goodness, as I do have two very active boys to take care of. But it sure does help with the coughing!
  • S got sick on Wednesday. He ran a fever and was a little snotty. According to the Pre-K's rules, he was not allowed back in on Thursday, but was ok to go by Friday. Kids with fever have to be out until they no longer have a fever for 24 hours without the use of fever lowering meds. He was out of his routine by then and I had some problems dropping him off. He cried and he wanted to go home and asked me not to leave. It really broke my heart. But, I know that he has to get used to this, he has to go to school. So I bent down and told him that I loved him, kissed him, hugged him and told him to have a great and fun day and that I would see him in just a little bit to pick him up. His teacher was there and she immediately saw his tears and picked him up while he cried and coddled him for a few. Meanwhile, I walked out of the room feeling like the worst Mother in the world and my insides screaming that is should be ME comforting my child, not his teacher. But, then again, I knew that them comforting him is easier on them and him than me comforting him. I just have to get used to others taking care of my child. That is very hard for me to do, seeing as I didn't get to take care of him as a newborn and had to turn that over to the docs and nurses. I got selfish as he got older and especially when I got him home. He's mine, all mine and I get to take care of him finally.....and now....I have to let go again. Not such a great feeling for me at times, but I am learning to work thorough it and have faith and trust. Anyhow, the teacher told me at the end of the day that he was fine, and he had a great day and that they had ice cream. He came over to me smiling and happy. So I guess I didn't do him any mental and emotional damage...for now anyhow. His teacher also told me that he told her that he was out of school because he had a sore throat and it hurt really bad. That child is so stinking cute I could bottle him up forever! Whoops, he does have homework, writing the letter "S", so tomorrow is the day for that!
  • I think A is loving having us to himself. He is such a great kid! No more screaming, no more tantrums, no more fighting through the day! It is so weird. It's also weird, and nice at times, to have one kid while running around doing our errands!! I do miss S when we go out to eat, because I know he loves going to this one pizza joint and he misses out sometimes. We usually end up making it up to him though!
  • J finally got our shower fixed! We have two bathrooms and our master bath has a separate garden tub and shower. He just hasn't had a chance to fix it! I've gotten sick and needed surgery, we've had family over, he's gotten sick, he's been working some over time, other things have come up that were more important to fix first. Besides, it wasn't like we were without a means to take a bath or a shower, just no shower in our bathroom. It's a nice big shower and I enjoyed it a lot! I mean, a lot a lot a lot!!
  • Now we just need to get some tires on our van and we'll be ok for the winter. *sigh*
  • I use an online alarm clock until we get another one, and I forgot about the updates Microsoft does automatically for security updates. When the updates have completed, it automatically restarts the computer. Needless to say, we woke up late that day and my poor husband spent the morning trying to call me to find a way home. With my ears full of fluid, I didn't hear the phone ringing. Thank goodness he flagged down a friend to drive him home. Also, it was the day S was sick, so school was not happening anyhow.

Well, I think that is it for now! We'll talk next time about little boys who claim to have girlfriends (in Pre-K nonetheless!!) and how Mommy got to see firsthand that he was telling the truth when 3 out of 4 of the little girls in his class came up to say goodbye to him with a few trying to hold his hand and arm. Yeah..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment