Monday, May 11, 2009

Lots To Do

I have lots to do before S goes to Pre-K. His eyes, ears and teeth have to be checked. He's got some shots to catch up on as well. For the past few nights, I've been having bad dreams about him getting into tons of trouble at school, or that they think he shouldn't be there, that he needs more "specialized" education. Which those dreams are totally unfounded because if he did need more specialized education, we would do it. The dreams are more about him spitting, hitting, peeing his pants (he dribbles some on his pants and underwear), and throwing down wrestling moves on the nearest victim. I know that he will do something wrong and be punished for it. We all did it at one point or another. I don't expect him to be perfect, but I want him to at least behave. I know he's going to act different around different people, and I absolutely know he will love school. He is so into learning and doing things on his own. J just looked at me as if he thought I was crazy. He seems to think that S will start to realize that I'm going to leave him there for hours on end and by the end of the first week, I'll having a crying 4 year old clinging to my leg, begging me not to go. But I can't see S doing any of that. He's so outgoing and loves people and is so open that I don't doubt he won't even miss me.

On the other hand, A is a complete Mommy's boy and I know that when the time comes for him to go to Pre-K, that he will be the one crying and screaming and calling out for me. And that, folks, will be no fun for anyone.

But unless I home school (which I am not going to do), then this is the way it will have to be for both boys. A rite of passage, I guess. They'll have 13 years (or more if they go to college) of school ahead of them, so they might as well get used to it.

Oh, and I'll have to as well...it's hard to be a Mommy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment