Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Past..Revisited

I took A with me on a trip to Walmart to pick up a few things. Just me and him. It was nice! Walking out of the toy section (after letting A pick out a new match box car) and I saw him. Talk about a flood of emotions.

I saw Tim's best friend. I didn't know if I should stop him and say hi, didn't know if he would remember me. Didn't know if I was better off letting it go.

But, I stopped him. I said hi and he remembered me. He's married now to the girl he was dating when Tim was alive. I joked and said see..it isn't all that bad is it? He laughed and said no. He asked how I was doing, and said hi to A. I told him fine, a quick run down of the last almost 6 years and that I had two boys and was happily married. I had to go, told him congrats and good luck. He wished the same for me.

It wasn't..I don't know. It wasn't the kind of meeting I thought it would be when I had wondered what it was like to run across friends' of Tim. In all honesty, I don't know what to expect exactly.

I can't believe it's been almost 6 years since my first husband died. I've never really thought about it before. Life has kept me busy, but since I ran into Tim's friend, it got me thinking on how long it's really been.

One of these days I'll get to Pennsylvania. One day I'll put flowers on his grave. One day....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment