Wednesday, February 25, 2009


I go under the knife Thursday afternoon. I'm nervous, scared and anxious. I've had surgery before so it should be nothing new. Except I have kids this time and if anything happened to me..well..I just can't let my mind keep wondering there.

I went in for my appointment today and this office is great! Always joking with each other and very friendly! At first, he didn't feel anything and my hope that I was finally on the right track and my pain was going to be gone soon started to diminish. Then he laid me down, and poked around and still didn't feel anything. Great, just great. I then showed him about where the pain was and he felt around, told me to cough a lot, and said he did feel something. It's either a hernia or a mass (non-cancerous tumor) of some sort, but either way, it's causing me pain and discomfort and it needs to come out. I smiled at him and told him it was finally wonderful to have a doctor who believed me (besides my family doctor) and that I just wasn't crazy in the head and making things up. He even told me that he'll get to the bottom of my stomach issues as well. Still sick, and still losing weight and feeling way too full way too fast. He thinks my gallbladder isn't working right and he'll be more than happy to get to the bottom of it and take care of it. Later on, he was recording his notes on me and I heard him say that I was a pleasant 30 year old young lady and that made me happy. This doc really made my day!

My doc is a good surgeon, he's friendly and knowledgeable and sticks up for his patients (he was telling the insurance lady that he wants a patient approved to see him even tho she has military medical insurance, he even threatened to call the surgeon general himself if he had to and he's tired of messing with military insurance people.) He gave me Percocet (and I didn't even ask) and gave me enough to last me through the recovery phase. Instead of doing it laparoscopically, I will have a 4-5 inch incision, so my recovery time might be up to 2 weeks.

My mother is coming down Thursday night (maybe earlier if she gets the urge to travel) and will be here until Tuesday next week. Thank goodness. Now I know my kids will be taken care of for sure. The kids will probably have to accompany J and I to the hospital, but after my surgery starts, he's going to take them out to eat and I'm going to pack them a little bag of goodies to play with. I really just want to wake up and hug my kids and my husband. That is the first thing I want to do and they are the first things I want to see. Any prayer and positive thoughts you have in you would be wonderful!

On to house news. J went over to fix the water (he had to bypass something) and thought he had it fixed. He waited for the water tank to fill up some, and turned on the water. Nothing. He went outside to look again, and in the span of 3-5 minutes, the whole backyard was practically a swimming pool. Needless to say, he was NOT happy. So he called the lady, and they will be getting a plumber out there to look at it. J is in a tizzy because he really wants to be moved in there and living in our home, but sometimes things don't go the way you want. I think he's calmed down for the most part. He also wanted to be in our place before I had surgery, but that was not meant to be either. As long as my boys are taken care of, I don't care where we are. I've gone into cleaning mode for my mom's arrival, so all she has to do is take care of the kiddos. Cleaning mode is slow going though, I want to do so much, and when I get in the groove, I'm reminded that I'm pushing myself too much and I'm in pain. Well, DUH.

I think I'm off to bed. I may be just tired enough to sleep now. Thank goodness.


Post a Comment