Thursday, January 29, 2009

How?

This may be a little TMI for some, so if you are get embarrassed or upset at the talk of womanly functions, cease and desist and leave now.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around my PCOS diagnosis. For some reason, I don't think this is the right diagnosis for me. I hardly fit any of the "regular" symptoms of PCOS. For one..I have TWO kids. Conceived with NO problems. My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage early on, my second was conceived 6 months after and my third was conceived 16 months after my 2nd.

I've had no problems with periods being on time. They are normally right on the DAY of the month every month. When I was young, and my periods were just starting out, I had some problems with them regulating and lots of problems with cramping, but after a couple years, everything evened out and was fine.

No problems with my blood sugar levels. Even during pregnancy, they were just fine and wonderful. I'm not overly hairy, or have hair growing in large tufts in weird places.

Something is just not setting right and I have no idea what it could be because even at Wednesday's visit, the doc mentioned I had PCOS again, but didn't really elaborate much.

Or maybe I need to up my Prozac and go with the flow...

1 Comment:

  1. Carrie said...
    Well, because they spotted the polycystic ovaries, you definitely have PCOS. My guess is that your body *is* changing and has brought on the PCOS. But my concern is the why of it. What has changed that would suddenly cause this? I don't think PCOS is the ultimate answer to your issues... there has to be something behind it. Mine's pretty straight forward... I've always known that I had insulin issues and my guess is that I've always had PCOS. I was just never officially diagnosed until we were trying to get pregnant. Your case is totally different though. Something is going on with your body that is affecting your hormones. My biggest concern for you is the pain because aside from passing clots, I'm not aware of PCOS being painful. (Although according to this article, sometimes the cysts can grow so large that they rupture which can cause pain. http://www.biblelife.org/pcos.htm). I'm wondering if maybe you have endometriosis too... many women with PCOS also have endo and that is very painful. (Could also explain the one-sided pain.)

    (As a side note, you can get pregnant with PCOS... just depends on the severeity of the case. It doesn't always mean that you never ovulate, you just usually have wonky cycles. Perhaps this is the reason for your miscarriage and cervix issues.)

    I don't know. I just think there's more going on with you than just PCOS. Hopefully these blood tests show something!

Post a Comment