Sunday, October 26, 2008

30=Klutz?!

Yup. Tomorrow is the big day. Well, actually a couple hours, if you wanna get technical. The day that half of my life is over. I know, so dramatic right? Oh well.


I have had the total klutzes today. I put my fist thru our bedroom window and knocked out a glass panel. In my defense, I was half asleep. I did cut my hand some, but nothing major. Then I broke off a hook on A's door that holds the coats and sweaters. THEN..and this is the WORST. I broke the present I got from one of my best friends, Carrie. Granted, it was just the little boys' hand and it's fixed, but it sucked and I about cried. It is the best present I have gotten in a long time and I love it!


Then, everything was fine and dandy with the kids until I woke up from a nap. Then all sorts of hell broke loose. My continued rampage of klutziness. Poor A. He fell off of something and bumped his forehead. Got a good goosegg for his efforts. Then he fell off the bar stool, his foot got caught in the foot rest of the chair and he scratched the back of his knee badly when he caught in on a bolt from said foot rest on the bar stool. Lots of Neo on it tonight, and if it's healed over in the morning, I'll start putting aloe on it so it won't scar. J was playing with S, and S had a bag over his head saying he was a monster, and J popped a towel in his direction, and S stepped into it at just the right time, and actually got popped on the neck. Left a little red welt. Then I told S to treat daddy like a pinata, that he had some candy corn in there. So S kept hitting him and saying, I Like Candy Corn! That was cute, nothing bad happened there. The weird thing? The kid has never had candy corn! And the other day? I stepped on a nail and it went in my foot pretty deeply. It seems to be ok now, so I don't have to worry about lockjaw..or death. Woot for that!


Bed time went on without a hitch. No one got hurt, and I think my rampage is over.


I've started working on some designs for Christmas cards. Hopefully we'll get a good family one taken. We are just doing them at home and I'm printing out cards. I'm gonna be on the ball this year, darn it!!
So..Happy Birthday to me. I hope tomorrow isn't too bad.

1 Comment:

  1. Carrie said...
    Happy birthday! I shall call you latah with news from my belly :)

    Bummer about, well, everything. You had "one of those days," just like the name of your blog. Glad you like the present I sent you - I think he's adorable - and that he was easily fixable.

    I got my mom a Willow Tree figure as a gift once. It's the one with the mom facing her little girl with her hands on her shoulders. Her cat knocked it off the entertainment center and the mom's head broke off. Now it looks like a headless ghost stranging a little girl to take her head. Cracks me up.

Post a Comment