Friday, June 13, 2008

Moving and Sickness

We finally got over here to Georgia, it was a nice drive. Especially for me! The only thing I had in the car with me was the dog and the cat and they were both quiet. J took the boys in the Uhaul because it has air conditioning. The one in the car is being tempermental.

So, we get over here, and the next day, the boys have a snotty nose and they are kind of whiney and clingy. I get a sore throat the day after that and then the day after that, I come down with a full fledged upper respritory infection. I haven't been sick in so long, I've forgotten what it's like. And it sucked. Majorly. After two rounds of antibiotics, cough syrup with narcotics in it, and a steriod shot and pills, I am FINALLY on the mend. They boys are much better. Now J is getting it and he feels pretty cruddy. His sister and her boyfriend got it as well. So I made her go out and buy some Lysol and I Lysoled everything in sight. And am I do it every night after everyone goes to bed. Toys, knobs on the stove, fridge handles, doorknobs..you name it, it gets sprayed down. I've also been mopping the hardwood floors every other day and I cleaned the walls (there's a wood heater and it puts out a lot of dust that his sister hadn't gotten around to cleaning mainly because she's never home.) I've ran the sweeper, dusted and I finally felt that it wasn't so dirty feeling anymore. It's not that it was nasty or anything, but I just felt it needed some cleaning. A house like this with wood walls and wood everything really takes a lot of upkeep. Things that need done on a daily basis to keep it clean.

J is doing some major job hunting and it's going well. He has a few leads that will more than likely pan out as a good job. I can't wait. The sooner we start saving, the quicker we can get a house. WOOT!

1 Comment:

  1. Jen said...
    I'm glad you made it safe and sound :) I hope you're enjoying it.

Post a Comment